Service Enterprise Initiative
Serve Kentucky has partnered with Points of Light, the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service, to offer nonprofit organizations across Kentucky access to the
Service Enterprise Initiative. The Service Enterprise Initiative is a national change management program that helps organizations gain a greater return on volunteer investment to better achieve their mission. Serve Kentucky is the only certified Service Enterprise Hub in the state.
Achieving Service Enterprise certification is a very prestigious accomplishment for an organization. In fact, organizations that certify join the top 11 percent of nonprofits nationwide in volunteer management and organizational performance. Certification signifies that organizations have the capability and management expertise to strategically use volunteers to improve the performance of their organization. By becoming a Service Enterprise, you will be uniquely positioned to engage the time and talent of volunteers to expand program operations and revenue, realize higher programmatic impact, and better achieve your mission.
In fact, research conducted by the TCC Group found that Service Enterprises are equally as effective as their peers without volunteers, at half the median budget. Service Enterprises experience a proven return on volunteer investment, and research shows that they are significantly more adaptable, sustainable, and better resourced to do their work.
Through Service Enterprise, you will have access to:
- Research-based program to transform your organization into one of the top 11 percent of nonprofits in volunteer management and organizational performance;
- Diagnostic evaluation of your current volunteer engagement practices and tailored recommendations for improvement;
- 16 hours of training focused on change management and volunteer engagement strategies and best practices;
- Individualized coaching and the support of a community of peers to guide you through your Service Enterprise transformation;
- Nationally recognized certification, with access to volunteer engagement networks, resources, and communities.
Ready to get started? Contact Amy Potts, Volunteer Development Coordinator, at (502) 564-7420, ext. 3868 for more information about how your organization can become a Service Enterprise.
Made possible with Volunteer Generation Fund grant from the Corporation for National and Community Service.