Serve Kentucky can issue certificates for Kentucky volunteers at no cost to you. This program is offered in partnership with the Kentucky Office of the Governor and the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS). The certificates have the signature of the Serve Kentucky Commission Chair, CHFS Secretary and the Governor.
Serve Kentucky's Volunteer Recognition Program operates year round, with the spring, around National Volunteer Month/Week, being the busiest time for the program. The program is based on requests from volunteer managers and coordinators who are responsible for ensuring the volunteer service deserves the recognition requested.
For information on our formal recognition program which involves a nominating, judging and selection process, follow the link to learn about the annual Governor's Service Awards.
Certificates of Appreciation
Certificate Wording: This certificate is for <Name> in appreciation of your service to Kentucky. Presented on behalf of Serve Kentucky, the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, and the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Certificates are 8.5" x 11" printed on certificate paper.
- List names as you want them printed on the certificate, e.g. Mary G. Smith not Smith, Mary G. Do not submit in names in all CAPS. (Double check your spelling.)
- Specify the date by which the certificates are needed.
- Specify the purpose of the certificates.
- Provide your mailing address and phone/email contact information.
- Submit the required information by email.
- Volunteer service must be completed in Kentucky.
- Electronic submission is preferred (reduces the chance for spelling errors).
- Make sure to double check all spelling before submitting a request.
- Allow at least two weeks for processing and return mail service.
- Please limit the number of certificates requested to 50 or less. If more are needed, contact Serve Kentucky for prior approval.
- Requesting blank certificates is not allowed.
- Serve Kentucky, CHFS and/or Governor's Office has the right to deny any recognition requests.